Saturday, April 10, 2010

NINETY SEVEN




This year starts t-ball. We decided to do it through the Y since I have a friend who did it last year and is on our team this year. Let's just say the Y is VERY recreational. Pretty much a free-for-all...bless the coaches hearts! It is great for learning the basics though. I guess I took it for granted and assumed that little boys innately know to run to first base (and so on) after hitting a ball. NOPE..they must be taught everything :)
All day long on Wednesdays (practice day) Kai talks about t-ball and "When is practice?" "Is it time to go to practice?" "Can we leave now?" I mean ALL DAY. Then when 6 o'clock finally rolls around, Kai and I show up at practice, me lugging our chairs, water, equipment, etc. all the way to the field. We get there, Kai cries and sits down. Ummmm really?!!! It's a new thing we're trying out...turn 4 and cry about things. I have never had a problem with Kai going places, like to his Sunday School class, his class at the gym...anywhere...2 weeks ago and before he walked right in after waving goodbye happily to me. Then all of a sudden he is screaming, wrapping himself around my legs and acting like I am handing him over to Freddy Kruger! Let me just say...nothing has happened to torture him in any way at any of these places...he has a blast once I leave and the tears dry up (I go sneak a peak and check on him)..it is just one of those lovely phases he is going through, and I am just hoping we all make it through in one piece. I guess I feel kind of bad for not really feeling that bad..does that make sense?! I know that he is going to have fun and nothing is wrong, so it is just a wee bit annoying (yes, I said it) when I am trying to make it to my class at the gym and he is crying about nothing, or when he cries at t-ball and I am right there with him. Ahhh...deep breath...I love the kid dearly...you all know that. 3 and 4 years old is just HARD! The good news is at t-ball, as soon as his friend Jackson gets there, Kai gets up out of his chair, minds the coach and loves every second of it (until he gets bored standing on 3rd base waiting to catch a ball and decides to come sit in his chair instead)! I must say I am a little relieved that this is normal behavior and quite a few of the other kids (even the coach's) are criers throughout the whole game...at least our tears only last 2 minutes or so :) So, here's to another phase of childhood! May we all make it through and come out on the other side with our sanity still in tact!!

2 comments:

  1. Just love reading your blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 and 4 years old REALLY IS hard!! I dont remember it being this hard with Camryn, but with Aidan...Im right there with you!

    ReplyDelete