Saturday, May 1, 2010

ONE HUNDRED SEVEN




Kai's first tball game. Hmmm....where to begin? This was one of those days that you think "someday we will look back and laugh....." but at the moment it is far from funny. I must take some blame myself because the night before I had agreed to let Kai sleep with Amaya in her room since it was the weekend. NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT LET KAI SLEEP IN AMAYA'S ROOM....THEY DON'T GO TO SLEEP. So, around 10:00 pm I finally made Kai go get in his own bed. The next morning, not only did we have our first game, but team pictures as well. NOT a good idea for a group of 4 year old boys. They do not have that much of an attention span. They did really well at pictures, but then it was game time. Kai started off the game raring to go (see pic on right)....but soon melted (pic on left). Because the kids are young and this is through the Y...parents can stand in the outfield with the kids to help coach them alone. I wouldn't say Adam got a chance to coach him along anything during this game. Kai pretty much sat himself in the outfield and wanted nothing to do with any of it. I was mortified. Seriously. Mortified. We had been so pumped all week about our first game...Nana, Papa, Me, Daddy, Amaya & Kalan were all ready and excited...to watch Kai sit in the outfield. Boy, that was fun. Then, when I got scared that he was gonna get in the way, I put him in a chair beside me and listened to him cry through the rest of the game. Cry so hard he was making himself gag. WOW. If I never have that experience again in my whole entire life it will be too soon. By the time we left, mine and Adam's nerves were shot. We got home and Kai went to bed...and slept for 4 hours (he normally doesn't nap at all). OOPS....lesson learned on no sleepovers the night before a tball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment