Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My first blog

I titled my blog "Learning to Love Unselfishly" because thats where I am at in my life right now. I have 3 beautiful children who want and need nothing more from me but love, and all that goes with that. It is both simple and complicated at the same time. Motherhood is something you can never prepare yourself for completely because you just don't know true love until you have looked into your children's eyes. Sometimes I am a great mom and sometimes, I am ashamed to say, I am not the greatest. Sometimes I have a short temper, I yell and I don't sit down and play because I am updating my facebook page. But I can say that my kids will tell you I am the "best mom in the whole world" and that makes me feel forgiven for my shortcomings. I am going to start making small goals for myself that are easily reached, but greatly appreciated by the 3 children that mean the most to me in the world. I am going to let them mix all the play-doh together and not worry that they are "ruining it," I am going to let them play in the sand box even when it is all muddy (because that's when Kai likes it the best), and I am going to let them occasionally have a cookie before dinner...even at the risk that they might ruin their appetites :) When Amaya gets home from school and wants me to sit and color with her, I am going to, while I ignore the laundry that needs to be put away. If life over the past (almost)6 years has taught me anything, it is that these kids grow so fast, I need to stop and enjoy them while they are still little.
So, I have joined the world of family blogging in hopes that we can share our unforgetable journeys together!

5 comments:

  1. awe, I enjoyed reading your blog and I am so guilty of the same things. sometimes I catch myself yelling about the most rediculous things and then I have to tell myself what the heck does it matter if they are sliding around on the carpet with plastic bags on their feet.. they are having a damn good time! I think we let ourselves get so caught up in keeping everything neat and tidy and our kids acting perfect all of the time. I think I will challenge myself as well to being a little less perfect and a lot more fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linsay,
    Your blog is absolutely how I feel with my two girls. You are so right! Last night was a rough night for me and Madison. I am usually a grumpy person when I have no sleep at all. However, after breakfast we sang songs and played! What a great way to wake up with my girls. Thanks again for the reminder to cherish out beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay,
    Way to put into words exactly what I am feeling and going through right now. Sometimes I have to stop and tell myself, "If I lost one of my kids tomorrow, would I be happy with the time I have or have not spent with them in the past week." Let's live like there is no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking everything you wrote today, Lindsay...beautiful 1st post on your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very inspirational! I feel the same way so often. I love my children with every bone in my body and it kills me when I have to punish them, or I'm too "busy" to hold them....thank you for reminding me to slow down and cherish these moments before they are gone!

    ReplyDelete