Sunday, March 28, 2010

EIGHTY FIVE


The other day, the boys and I were outside cleaning my car out when I heard one of the neighborhood ducks. I looked up and he was running at us full force! I asked him if he wanted some bread and then opened the door to run in and get some...he actually tried to follow me in the house! So, we brought some bread outside and a bowl of water and he enjoyed a snack and a drink before he waddled off (not before thanking us with a loud quack). Ever since then, almost daily, he has been coming to our house around 3:30 in the afternoon and quacking until we come outside and feed him! The kids get a huge kick out if this...the dogs,not so much.
"Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck leads the flock to fly and follow."~Chinese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. haha.. I LOOOVE ducks.. we had soem at my moms growing up and I was evil! when the eggs were about to hatch I would chase the momma duck away so the babies would follow me! LOL

    ReplyDelete