Thursday, March 25, 2010

EIGHTY


Okay, so this picture needs an explanation.
I feel like in my journey as a mother to three young children, it is my obligation to show them how to be respectful and moral individuals. So, I cooked up this idea and presented it to the jury...my kids. Each week, we will have one virtue to work on. This week, patience was chosen because so often I find us yelling at eachother out of frustration and irritation. So, Amaya and I made 6 signs that said "Patience"on them and hung them around the house as reminders to work on this throughout the week. At the end of the week, if we feel like we have become better balanced (not perfect) we will treat ourselves to ice cream (the main reason my kids agreed so readily to do this with me), and will move on to the next. My main goal is that we will find a happy balance where we can all learn to express ourselves in a more positive and mature way. Have you ever tried to teach patience to a 2 or 3 year old? Wish me luck!!
"Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete and will have everything you need." James 1:4

1 comment: