Sunday, March 28, 2010

EIGHTY TWO


I am so irritated right now! A while back, Adam bought me this nifty new camera phone that takes great pictures (for a phone) because he knew I was doing this project and lugging my bigger camera and 3 children places was kind of a hasell. So, usually when I take a picture, I just forward it over to my tmobile album and I can resize it there and save it. Well...the tmobile website link is broken and so I can only save my pics as a tiny thumbnail and so when I resize it, the pics are blurry and out of focus. So, that's why the quality of these next few pictures is less than stellar!
Okay, off my soapbox, lol! Here is my sweetie asleep with his dinosaur. When Amaya was this age, she was already potty trained and in a big girl bed. I waited until Kai was 3 to move him (I enjoy sleeping, so knowing they are still in a crib lets me rest more peacefully :)) and I am pretty sure we will wait until Kalan is 3 to move him as well. He seems to be growing up so quickly that there are some things I try to hold him back on so he'll be my baby for a while longer. (Notice the pacifier I still don't have the heart to take from him..it's his BFF) With your first kid(s) you are just so amazed at every milestone they hit, so you are anxious for the next and you can't wait for them to do more things. Before you know it they are 6 1/2 and you hardly remember them being a baby (though time seemed to slowly tread by at that time)...Kai is about to be 4 next week now. I found some pictures yesterday in a box of mine of when Amaya was 3 and Kai was 1...and it seemed like it was a million years ago! I guess God blessed me with a 3rd child so that I would finally learn to slow down and enjoy his babyhood!
"If I had my child to raise over again
I'd build self esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging."~Diane Loomans

No comments:

Post a Comment