Wednesday, March 3, 2010

FIFTY NINE



"Second verse, same as the first...."

Hey, I said I was sick all weekend! I did get a different mug though, lol!

I thought mom's don't get sick? Well, they do, apparently. While I lay in my death bed for the second day, abandoned by everyone for the next 7 hours (seemingly 7 years) I put my 6 year old in charge. Who puts a 6 year old in charge?!! Yeah, that was me. In this time, every toy that has ever been brought through the threshold of the front door was brought out and thrown around, in no particular kind of order, just kind of a "bombing" of toys seemed to occur . Crayons were used to decorate the walls on the stairway (in all honesty, they were a bit boring) and cereal, fruit snacks and juice pouches kept my 3 monkeys alive for the day...until pizza was delivered at night.

That night was when Amaya started crying that her ear hurt. HOW RUDE...doesn't she know I'm sick?! None of my kids (knock on wood) have ever had an ear infection...I have no idea why not...pure luck, I guess...so I was really at a loss of what to do, except give her Tylenol and cry with her as each of her sobs made my headache pulse. Eventually she felt better and they continued to destroy until bedtime (which was early for the boys since they can't tell time)!

1 comment:

  1. ughhhh Im sorry you have been so sick momma! I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete