Thursday, March 4, 2010

SIXTY THREE


Today we went to the Houston Livestock Fair & Rodeo. We pulled Amaya out of school to go with us, since Adam had the day off. I know...I am sure she will NEVER catch up from that one day she missed of Kindergarten...but I guess we'll just put her in tutoring ;)
One of the perks of Adam's job is making relationships with all kinds of people in every field of work and he recieved free concert tickets for us to see Kenny Chesney, so we used the tickets and all got in for free for the fair and exhibits this morning. I really had no idea that it was so kid friendly! We were pleasantly surprised. Aside from all the kids carnival/petting zoo/etc. outside, they had an exhibition hall full of educational stuff for the kids. We got to see baby chicks as they hatched. We got to see baby cows and pigs (some that were born this morning), rabbits, goats, chickens, longhorns...we even watched them milk a cow and learned how it goes from the cow to our refridgerator! The best part was the petting zoo. The animals were seriously cute and they even had deer and a wallaby or two in there. The kids got to help bottle feed two new baby goats, it was just precious! We could've spent all day there, but we have a full day planned and needed to get back, so the kids chose one ride and they all 3 wanted to do the pony ride. I thought at least one of them might get scared, but each of them grinned the whole ride. Kalan said, "LOOK AT ME!!!" I think I had just as much fun as the kids today...what a great family day!! Looking forward to some hubby-time tonight when we return to listen to Kenny Chesney sing for bit. I am sure we won't stay the whole time...we just aren't that young or cool anymore, lol, but it will be fun to get out together and maybe see some of the rodeo too!
I realize people who aren't from Texas think that this is how we all live our lives daily, lol...but most of us only see these animals (up close) when things like the Rodeo come to town :)
"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it's beauty." ~Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. Awe what a perfect day! I want to take the kids sooo bad but I am dreading going on the weekend and all of mine are in school! I hope we can find a day to take them. he looks so happy up on that horse! I hope you guys enjoy your concert!

    ReplyDelete