Monday, January 4, 2010

365, day 4






I couldn't just choose one picture today, so I chose to show off the "men in my life"...okay, right now they are just little boys, but they are just so precious to me! I didn't grow up with any brothers or around many boys, and so I had no idea what I was getting into when I found out I was pregnant with a boy-Kai. Then, 21 months later, God blessed us with boy #2-Kalan. I can't even express into words what these little guys mean to me. They are so full of energy and complete messes most of the time. They keep me on my toes and keep me (and my ears) busy. They are best friends, but complete opposites all at the same time. Kai is a bit more shy, but when he needs to be heard, he makes sure he is heard! He is a bit more of a loner, but LOVES when he gets all of the attention. I try to make sure that Kai always feels like he has a special place in our family, because I know sometimes middle children feel a bit left out. Kai is my sensitive soul and I love that about him!


Kalan, on the other hand, demands the attention at all times. He is the typical last born child and loves to make a scene. He just turned 2, but has mastered the "sad face", making his eyes bigger and his lip poke out so you feel sorry for him and give him what he wants. Does it work? Yes, absolutely. He LOVES the ladies and often I find him drifting towards the girls when I take him places to play. I think we are really in for it with him! While he is a maniac most of the time, he is still a snuggler and loves it when I kiss him in between each crib slat at night. He always needs "one more kiss"...and that's okay with me!


I am so excited to see who these little guys turn out to be in life. I am also glad that they have a wonderful big sister who can help properly teach them how to treat a lady :)
"A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams." ~Author Unknown
















2 comments:

  1. What beautiful little men you have! I think the bond between brothers is so special. I love seeing them interract together and knowing that they will always be there for one another. And how lucky are they to have miss amaya to keep them in line? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather!! Oh, and Amaya totally reminds them constantly how lucky they are to have her, lol!

    ReplyDelete