Wednesday, January 13, 2010

THIRTEEN



"Figuring it out"

Sometimes I feel like I am in a rush to figure everything out. Like I have to master being a mom NOW so that I can be ready for anything that may come along. I feel like I need to start learning how to deal with problems like bullies, peer pressure, responsibility..and the dreaded BOYS before the time comes and I am not prepared! As mothers of young children, we worry so much about our children's futures...honestly, I find I do this with Kai a lot. Because he was born with his heart condition, he will never be able to play sports at any level higher than intramural. I worry he will have a hard time fitting in with other boys because so much of socialization with boys revolves around sports and I worry he will feel like an outsider. Jumping the gun a little soon, I know..but he's my kid and I'm allowed to worry. I pray often that he finds his "niche" in life early on so that we can nurture that and he can be proud of whatever talent God gave to him.

I worry about Amaya for all the reasons that we worry about our daughters...they will fall to peer pressure, they will have their hearts broken...etc. I know she won't be perfect and she will make mistakes, but I hope she always is able to remember how much she is adored by us, and be strong enough in her values to be able to stand behind them.

With Kalan, I just worry that the world isn't ready for him...he's like a Tasmanian devil and a teddy bear wrapped into one package!

Then I remember that I don't have to worry. I have help from above...and that gives me peace. Is there a gift better than peace? I can't think of one! May you all find peace in today and learn to cherish these special moments God has blessed us with!

"I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2 NIV

4 comments:

  1. she sort of looks like a young dakota fanning here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lindsay, i just love what you have written. i wish i was better at writing what my heart is thinking. this is truly something that you will look back on and treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish she had Dakota's paycheck, lol :)

    Christina, that compliment made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In bible study last week, we talked about those who worry a lot ... I'm a worrier. I worry (obsess) entirely too much. Anyhoo, she said God makes us worriers because it's our job to take those worries to him in prayer. I now see it as a compliment .... he trusts me to bring me worries to him and PRAY! <3!

    ReplyDelete