Saturday, January 16, 2010

SIXTEEN



Today was sooooo one of those days. I love my kids more than anything, but I would have let Calgon "take me away" if given the chance at any point during the day. I took this pic of Kai when he went to bed tonight, because honestly, I had been waiting for bedtime for most of the day. That little boy is the sweetest funniest kid most of the time, and also a full blown 3 year old bundle of energy and attitude at the same time. Three is the hardest age for me. I have not witnessed the "terrible twos" much, but 3's.....Lord help me! The boys spent most of the day bickering with eachother. Kalan finds it hilarious just to get under Kai's skin sometimes, and boy was he achieving his goal today. A three year old can test your patience like it is an olympic sport to see how far they can go before smoke comes out of your ears! Amaya developed the typical attitude that comes with being a girl sometime around this age, and I look back in horror at the nights we spent battling bedtime and clothes. Only over the last few months has she eased up on throwing a fit about clothes and will just go to bed on her own...hallelujah! Kai doesn't give me problems with bedtime, he just is trying out his position around here with crossing his arms, sticking his nose in the air and saying "NO" when he doesn't want to do something, and he has zero tolerance for anyone taking anything from him...which is Kalan's ultimate goal.

So, in a nutshell, rough day....but all the same, I wouldn't trade my little boogers for anything, and when they look so innocent while asleep it's hard to remember them even acting ugly at all. God give me the peace I need to rest up between the time Kai turns 4 and Kalan turns 3!

"There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. omg I am so there with you.. and glad I am not the only one who has days like this... when they are sleeping and so innocent I am reminded how very lucky I am... boys are so HARD! but they are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On days like that, you NEED to go in there and just watch them sleep and take it all in .... and then go have a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete