Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11


It's Day 11 and I'm still hanging in there! I never knew that taking one picture a day and uploading it and blogging about it would be such a commitment! I have been assured that if I continue, it will be something I treasure for a lifetime...so here I go!
Kai, or "Kai Bear" as he's known around here usually runs from the camera, or has a tendency to blink at just the right time when I try to get a picture of him. I was delighted today when I caught these 2 shots of him just being a 3 year old. First, concentrating hard on being a T-Rex, then riding his big wheel he got for Christmas for the first time! I am so happy that our Houston winter has returned at it is in the 50's instead of the 20's! The kids are enjoying being out in the sunshine, as we all are. We LOVE Mondays, because that is our "Daddy day". The restaurant is closed all day, so we get Adam all day to ourselves! We went to eat lunch together and walked around the new furniture store that opened and just enjoyed being together. Amaya is about to get off the bus and I am sure she will wrap herself around her Daddy's legs and not let go until around 8:00, when she is peeled off to get ready for bed. Even though Adam's job requires many hours, I am so glad he is such a great Dad when he is home and for one day out of the week I hear "DAD!" 4,000,000 times in a day instead of "MOM!!" My ears need a break sometimes, lol!
"Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man." ~Rabindranath Tagore




3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day with Daddy! My own Adam has every other Friday off, and they are truly our favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe what a great day! weekends are my daddy days and I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete