Saturday, January 9, 2010


I realize this photo is mediocre at best, but yesterday was a busy day and so I didn't get much to work with :) We spent the morning letting the boys run some energy out at the "castle mall" aka Memorial City. Boys are so much different from girls, in my experience. Amaya doesn't seemed phased much if she is stuck indoors for a couple of days, but with boys, you have to let them run wild to get their abundance of energy out! So, we made the trek in the 27 degree temperature to the mall and let them play. Then I went on a mission to find Amaya a coat. Little did I know it would be such a big deal to find one! I must say, that ever since we have lived in Houston, I haven't bothered much with a "winter coat". For the last couple of years, I think it got in the 40's for like a day or so...but mostly a sweater with a hood is sufficient enough to get through those few and far between days. Then comes this year. First snow and now below freezing temperatures! Poor Amaya rides the bus (because she insisted she wanted to) and she looks so pitiful walking to the bus stop a few doors down at 7:30 in the morning that I decided I HAVE to get her a heavier coat! Which leads to this picture... it was Kalan's first time on an escalator (standing on his own) as we shopped through the mall. He thought is was the best thing ever, and insisted on doing it "by myself!" Oh to be a child again and to think riding an escalator is the most fun ever possible!
"The world is as many times new as there are children in our lives." ~Robert Brault

2 comments: