Friday, January 15, 2010

FIFTEEN


"The Lovely Bones"
I started a book club with some of the mom's in my mom's group. We have been trying to come up with a good read...other than the twilight saga for a while, lol.... and when I saw the trailer for this movie coming out soon, I thought it would be good to read it and then have a night out for dinner/movie with the girls.
I read The Lovely Bones quite a while ago and remember it being a difficult read because of the premise of the story. A young girl is murdered and from her "heaven" she tries to help her father find her murderer. I think it has been easier for me to read it this time around because I already had read it once (though I remember nothing but the basic storyline...so it feels new) and also because I kind of knew the story already, so I knew what I was geting into. It's especially hard to read as a parent because you can't imagine EVER going through the loss of a child, especially the way Susie Salmon does in the book. It has reminded me how precious life is though and to make sure you remind those you care about how much you love them because sometimes life is tragically cut short.
Today was the perfect day to read...all rainy outside, so while the kids were occupied with school/nap/movie, I swaddled up in my leopard snuggie, made a warm cup of tea and continued through my journey to help Susie bring her murderer to justice.
"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love." ~Henry Drummond

3 comments:

  1. I started reading today... ready to put these boys to bed so I can read some more... I am sooo excited about the book club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about book club too! I am borrowing Jessica's when Bobbie is done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get this! I hope I can get through it ...
    I don't know how you read when the kids are up though ... mine are in and out so much it's impossible to get into anything.

    ReplyDelete