Thursday, February 25, 2010

FIFTY SIX


"I not a baby, I a BIG BOY!" so says Kalan. HMPH. He's still my baby whether he likes it or not! Lately as I pick the kids stray toys up and try to find places to put them I think, "I really should go through these toys and get rid of what they have outgrown"...but that leaves me with the realization that baby toys are no longer needed around the house. I will probably do as friends suggest and keep a few for the babies that come for playdates...but that still means getting rid of ALOT. I had a hard time getting rid of Amaya's baby clothes too...in fact I still have bins of some of them that I ran across the other day. Kai wasn't hard because his clothes go directly to Kalan...but getting rid of Kalan's things are hard. I know it sounds cliche, but kids really do grow up in the blink of an eye. Part of me feels like they have been around forever, and part of me feels like they were all just born. Though I am enjoying the fun things we are starting to get to do with older kids, without worrying about having a baby in tow, I guess it just hits me harder sometimes to realize that they will never be small again. People used to tell me this all the time when Amaya was first born and screamed for most of her days/nights, but at that point I just couldn't imagine her ever letting us sleep again! Here we are 2 more kids later and we have been through the newborn/baby phase 3 times and we have survived and grown so much from it. Each baby brought his/her own challenges (NONE of them were easy babies...I got NO slack there) but each has been a complete joy all the same and I would do it all over again...every sleepless night and every 3am feeding...happily, just to know that we would end up with 3 of the most amazing children God created. I realize every parent says that about their child....and I hope every parent thinks it's true. I hope my parents feel the same about me. It's our jobs as parents to make sure our kids know that we think they are just perfect for us!
"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around-and why his parents will always wave back."~William Tammeus

2 comments:

  1. awe he is precious and you made me all teary eyed... Its crazy how one day you have a house full of diapers and bottles and rattles and then its all just gone.. replaced with video games and action figures! I try to remind myself to enjoy every phase for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your words are SOOOOOOO true. that's something i pray to achieve with my boys ... that they know they are loved and perfect (even when they aren't!). your little ones are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete