Tuesday, February 9, 2010

FORTY



One would think (by looking at my 365) that I only have 2 children, Amaya & Kalan. Kai does live with us, but IS NOT a fan of the camera. It's a shame because he is really pretty photogenic (at trait he gets from his Dad), but being 3 a year old...well, enough said. I am going to try my hardest to sneak a picture of him tomorrow!

This one is a picture of Amaya with a book we just finished reading together. I remember at a young age, my teacher read us "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" by Judy Blume. It was then that my love of books, and Judy Blume started. I decided that I would start reading a chapter a night to Amaya after the boys went to bed, and that would be "our thing". She loved this idea and we breezed through the book. She related well, because it's a story about a pesky little brother, lol! I am looking forward to going to the book store tomorrow to get us a new book to read together, and to pick a book up for myself as well.

I am so glad that Amaya and I have started doing this together, I means a lot to her, and that means the world to me.

"The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children."~ Elaine Heffner

4 comments:

  1. that is sooo sweet.. I tried to do this a yr ago with my boys and charlie and the chocolate factory.. but they will not pay attn bc there are no pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful gift you are giving her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! She LOVES the mommy time, so it makes me happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, Jo said the Harry Potter series would be fun to read to Amaya, maybe your boys would like that? Especially now that they are a bit older?

    ReplyDelete