Friday, February 5, 2010

THIRTY SIX


Tonight we went to a carnival at Amaya's school. Even though the halls were skinny and it got more and more crowded, we had a great time! The boys think it's neat to go see where Amaya spends her days and they loved all the games at the little booths. Amaya's friend Travis spent most of the night trying to win her a stuffed animal, he was so determined, it was really so sweet! She is the proud new owner of a Koala bear Webkin :) What I enjoyed the most was seeing how kind she is to everyone in her class and how they all want to be around her. I have tried to instill in her the importance of being kind to EVERYONE even if you don't want to be their best friend, and she seems to be doing such a great job at it. Her other "boyfriend" Ryan was also there. He has lost 4 teeth so far this year, and Amaya is so excited to loose one too (though we have no prospects yet). Each day she comes home and tells me who lost a tooth and how many! Just think how excited she'll be when I tell her there's a tooth fairy who leaves money for you when you loose a tooth...wait, maybe I won't tell her and save a little cash, lol!
In this picture she had just gotten her face painted and was getting her hair sprayed purple. When she said she wanted to get her hair sprayed by color I turned into "that mom" and wrinkled my nose and said "Really?" as I saw kids walk by with green stripes in their hair. Then I remembered, she is 6 and this will just thrill her, so we stood in line and she ended up with purple sparkly hair which actually was pretty cute on her...and it washed out easily...double bonus!!
"A daughter is your greatest source of pride and your greatest hope for the future. The happiest moment of your life was the day she was introduced into the world."~ Bettie Meschler

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I wish I had a girl to do all these girlie things with! Love it!

    ReplyDelete