Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TWENTY NINE


Mom's Night Out-woo hoo!! As I mentioned in a previous post, a group of my girlfriends and I read "The Lovely Bones" and then we all met up to see the movie together. Ummmmm.....I cried, I mean, wept...the WHOLE WAY through the movie. I would have been embarrassed except for I noticed I was not the only one! Let's just say, as it usually is, the book was better than the movie. I enjoyed getting out to a movie with the girls, but I hope our next pick "Dear John" is a better choice. Even though I know how that one ends too! We have decided that our next choice will have a happy ending!
"These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence: the connections-sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent-that happened after I was gone. And I began to see things that in a way that let me hold the world without me in it. The events that my death wrought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future. The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body that had been my life."~Susie Salmon in "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.

No comments:

Post a Comment