Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FORTY EIGHT


Today starts Lent. Though I am not Catholic by denomination, I still like the idea of giving up something I love through discipline to prepare myself for prayer and self renewal. So, goodbye soda! My beloved Dr. Pepper will be greatly missed, but we had some great years together I will cherish. I also joined a gym and so, while working on cleansing my body and mind, I am sure giving up soda will help me achieve better results! I am pretty notorious for having zero willpower when it comes to watching what I eat and drink, so I am hoping this is a turning point in my life and that willpower will pop out from where it has been hiding!!
"Will is character in action"~William McDougall

1 comment:

  1. Good luck momma! I would give up soda but I only drink diet and I neeeeeed it! LOL I'm giving up candy and ice cream! also in hopes of being healthier!

    ReplyDelete