Sunday, February 14, 2010

FORTY FOUR


I already posted this picture to Facebook, but it is the only picture I took yesterday, so it is my 365 as well! For a while I have been toying with the idea in my head to make some custom things in Kai's "surf themed" room. Since we started making these blocks, I decided to make some handpainted blocks for his dresser to match. I am really so happy with how they turned out, unfortunatly I have found that none of these wooden blocks look as cute in the picture as they do in real life! I had so much fun making these because I felt like it was a unique project that is personalized just exactly how I want! I am looking forward to now making some for Kalan's "Nautical" room. Yes, I love the ocean if you can't tell, lol! Plus, I figured if the boys ever wanted to share a room, their decor would be somewhat compatible! When I was pregnant with Kai, I knew I wanted a "surf" room, but things were so hard to find for his nursery! Now, the theme has become much more popular and I don't have to pay to order decor from stores on ebay...or pay anyone at all, now that I can make my own! I am really loving having an artistic outlet and hope to get more and more into painting custom items for children's rooms!
"Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but it is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is growing around me." ~Albert Schweitzer

1 comment: